Good morning everybody!
Today I’ll show you a recipe . If you don’t like cauliflower, don’t worry, it doesn’t taste like cauliflower. If you don’t like eat fried food, dont worry! me neither! But sometimes in our life we make exceptions and, in my life, this is one. I love these meatballs without meat! Fried food doesn’t feel me well, oil is very indigestible for my stomach so I try to fry with the least possible oil. And when I fry, always with olive oil.This recipe is very easy, you can make some pisto, or rice, or a simple tomato sauce with peas to go the ‘cauliballs’. We eat them alone with some bread with tomato and oil and we have a perfect dinner.
Usually I use fresh vegetables, but right now in Okinawa there aren’t fresh cauliflowers, so I buy frozen vegetables. It’s delicious anyway.
You can use your favorite spices. I use parsley and a mix of spices that I brought from Spain. But you can use dill, thyme or whatever you prefer. As you wish! Obviously if is fresh is so much better, but in this case I use dry parsley, it is valid too!
let’s go? =)
CAULIFLOWER AND CARROT MEATBALLS WITHOUT MEAT aka Cauliballs
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 pepper
- 4tbs flour
- Spanish mix spices
- bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Boil the coliflower and carrots and, when it’s done, we cut it into small pieces.
- Stir fry chopped onion and pepper.
- If we have fresh parsley, chop it now!
- Mix all the ingredients (cauliflower, carrots, onion, pepper and spices) and smash with a fork. If you don’t want small pieces into the cauliballs, you can grind it.
- Add the flour and mix well. Let settle.
- Make little balls with the dough (the dough should be a bit dry, do not stick too much in your hands), bread them and fry!
- When they are made, put them on an absorbent paper to remove all the oil possible.
And that’s it! As we said before, you can cook some rice, or a delicious tomato sauce to go the cauliballs.