We try to do not eat vegan mayo often, but sometimes we make fastfood nights. I cook vegan hamburgers, baked potatos and vegan mayonnaise. We have a super dinner watching a good drama on TV and we are happy!
This recipe is without eggs or dairy products. With just 4 ingredients and 2 minutes, you can have a good mayo instead buy a bottle mayonnaise. It will be more healthy and completely free of conservants.
I use soy milk because it has a similar consistency to cow’s milk. You can use olive oil instead sunflower oil but the first give to the mayo a strong taste. I think that is better a smooth flavour. You need something acid for the emulsion of the sauce. I usually use lemon or any kind of white vinegar (apple, wine, rice vinegar…). Choose your favourite!
Trick! It is more likely that the sauce will emulsify and you will do well at first if the ingredients have the same temperature.
Shall we start? =)
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in the vase of the hand blender.
- Place the hand blender in the bottom of the beaker and beat at medi
- um speed until the mixture emulsifies. Do not move it before!
- When emulsified, you can move the blender up and down until everything is perfectly integrated.
- Taste the sauce, if it is necessary add more salt. If the sauce is very liquid, put it more oil. If it is very thick, put it more soy milk. Whip it again.