And we continue with the potato recipes!
Yesterday was Pako’s birthday and in my house, when it’s your birthday, you’ll have one of your favorite dishes for lunch. That’s why today we have potato salad! wohooo!
In Spain we call it Russian salad. This is because the chef who makes this dish famous was Russian, chef Lucien Olivier. It’s a salad with potatoes and some vegetables with mayonnaise. Easy, right?
At my parents’ house, we eat this salad on weekends with breaded meat. Obviously, now, I do the same with my vegan version and I can not be happier. I make my own vegan mayonnaise and the breaded seitan are awesome. I will show in another post how to make seitan and how breaded it =).
This meal reminds me a lot of memories from my childhood, making it one of my favorite dishes too.
We used the vegan tuna. If you live in Okinawa, you can find it in Green Leaf. If you do not live here, search it to your usual vegan stores or online, you will find it! You can make the recipe without vegan tuna, but it’s really good with that!
Pako always says that the best Russian salad is from his mother. I always say that the best is from mine’s. As usual, there are many interpretations of a recipe, so please be creative! =) Add something you like or remove an ingredient that you dislike.The idea is to enjoy it!
OLIVIER SALAD aka RUSSIAN SALAD
- 500gr of potato
- 1 carrot
- sweet corn
- a handful of peas
- vegan tuna
- vegan mayonnaise
- 1 roasted red pepper
- Cover the oven tray with foil and preheat to 180 ° C.
- Wash the red pepper and put it in the tray with a splash of oil on top and a pinch of salt. Let it for half an hour, flip it on and late it another half hour. Take it out and let it cool.
- When the red pepper cools, peel and remove the seeds. Cut into strips. REserve him.
- While the pepper is roasting, wash the potatoes well and place in a pot with water.
yes, yes, with the skin! Cooked them!
- Cut the carrot and put in another pot with the peas and cook it.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them and let them cool to peel them afterwards calmly. Cut into cubes and put them in a bowl of salad.
- When the carrot and peas are cooked, strain it and add it in the salad bowl.
- Add the corn, the vegan tuna and the roasted red pepper.
- Add the vegan mayonnaise and mix well.
- Let it cool in the fridge for a while and you can enjoy it!