Don’t lie. You like the foto, huh? Yeeeesss, I know that you are salivating right now! It is normal, this mousse looks delicious and is delicious.
I am a curious person. I always look for discover new ways to cook some food that at the origin is not vegan. It is very funny! I know that I am not discovering anything but I feel very satisfied when I cook them. I made a cake for Pako’s birthday and it was with this kind of mousse inside. I thought about make a mousse as a dessert. And ta-daaaaa! We have a chocolate mousse with soy cream on the top! At the beginning I put on the tope some red fruits as a raspberrys, but the creamy cream match super good with the chocolate, so… why not?
The recipe of the mousse can’t be easier: tofu, chocolate, sweetener and cocoa powder. I will write the basic recipe but, as usual, please, modify the recipe as your taste. If you want a stronger taste of chocolate, add more of it. Or if you think that a jet of some sweet liquor will be good, go ahead!
I used maple syrup to sweeten it. You can use anyone that you prefer, agave syrup, brown sugar…. feel free!
For the cream, we bought a soy cream at grocery store and I whipp the cream with a hand blender.
Since we discover this recipe, is very usual to find one or two mousses at our fridge. We can’t avoid this: we are sweet-toothed!
Shall we start? =)
- 500gr silken tofu
- 100gr dark chocolate dairy free
- cocoa powder
- 50gr maple syrup or the your chosen sweetener
- soy cream
- Dry the tofu and, once done, put it into a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate on double boiler and add into the bowl. Whip it.
- Add the sweetener. Whip it.
- Taste and add whatever you thing that the mix needs for your liking.
- Put the mousse in the recipients that you want to use for serve and let settle into the fridge.
- For the soy cream, whip it until you have the texture that you want. Put on the top of the mousses.
- Decorate with cocoa powder, or cocoa nibs, or whatever you want.