I have been very busy, my littles. I was preparing my first official Japanese exam, the JLPT. I have presented myself to the most basic, but even so it has made me a bit difficult. Japanese is very difficult! I am happy because now I know how are the exams and I want to go to the next level, but it is a lot of work!!! がんばって、サンドラさん！
But this is a food blog, right? =)
We started the cold season in Okinawa (it is like autumn in Barcelona!). But, as we said in previous posts, we started to eat happily this kind of ‘winter’ food, and the creamed vegetables is a super star.
I follow a blog and I am in love with the authors. The blog is cocinina.com and you can found a lot of marvelous recipes (I am trying a lot of them, I will share with you my trys =) ) and a lot of information for try to live in a more ethical world. If you don’t know this people, now you do! I am glued to their news and, truly, you will find very interesting things in it. Like today’s recipe!
I wasn’t a cabbage lover until arrive here. I discover a new world of lights and colours with cabbage. It gives a lof of flavour to my stews and I use it a lot for anything! Days ago I found red cabbage in my habitual grocery store and I remembered this recipe. So Sandra, why don’t try it?
I change some things (as usual), I added potato for make a more creamy soup. I can not avoid it, potatoes and rice are my weakness!!! The result is a delicious creamed red cabbage. Pako and me love that with croutons!
If you don’t want to add potatoes, don’t do it. Your result will be a delicious soup/cream too. All will depend of the water that you add it.
We love eat it for dinner, but it is good to as a starter in lunch or as a main course with more quantity.
I love cabbage. He dicho!
RED CABBAGE CREAM
- red cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- vegetable stock (optional).
- Mince onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and fry gently the onion and garlic.
- Meanwhile, cut and wash the cabbage. The smaller you cut, the shorter it takes to be done.
- Add the cabbage into the pot and mix it. Cover with water or vegetable stock, if you prefer something more creamy. If you want a liquid soup, add more water.
- Peel potatoes and add into the pot.
- Cover it, bring to a boil and then, let it simmer until the cabbage and potatoes will be tender.
- If it is necessary, add more water/vegetable stock.
- When the cabbage and potatoes are done, turn off the heat and let it settle.
- Blend it with a hand blender.
- To serve, you can add more salt and pepper or some vegetable margarine or vegetal cream. With some rice is delicious, but we prefer eat as a cream with some croutons.