Just the name is mouthwatering, huh?
This is yummy. It is a fresh cake. Blueberries are incredibly tasty and the lemon makes a refreshing sensation every bite. I think that is perfect for after lunch with a coffee or a tea ( I can see myself with a cafe au lait and a piece of that. Aaaaggghhhh). Or for a snack any time.
I am proving a lot of recipes for Christmas and I think that this can be a winner! I just have to perfectionate the presentation and it will be amazing!
You can use frozen blueberries if you want, but my advice is using fresh. The taste is so much better. Don’t be stingy with the lemon juice, it gives to the cake an incredible fresh touch although, as usual, always cook as you like 🙂
I don’t want to retard the recipe. I know that you are impatient!
BLUEBERRY AND LEMON CAKE
- 200gr flour
- 150gr sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 80gr cornstarch
- 100 ml soy milk
- 100ml vegetal oil
- 1 lemon zest
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- 125-130gr blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven at 180º-200ºC.
- Sift the flour, the cornstarch, and the baking powder in a bowl.
- Add sugar and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add milk. Mix well.
- Add vegetal oil and the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add the blueberries and mix the dough with them.
- Line the mold with baking paper and put the dough inside.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of the dough for garnishing.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.