I am super super excited with this recipe.
I am so sorry to have to say that but…. Here, in Okinawa, there is no good bread. It is true. There is not. There are aaaaall the types can you imagine of sandwich bread (and mostly contains milk). But it is very difficult find a good bread. I miss a lot cereal bread, or seeds bread! Oh my god, a seed bread toast with avocado for breakfast…. ooommmggg…. There are bakerys, yes, but good bread is expensive and my quick solution for the bread of morning sandwiches is the only one sandwich bread that doesn’t contain milk in the closest supermarket. Sandwich bread is not the healthiest bread in the world, so… if we want to eat bread (because we want), maybe is better if I can make it.
That is the reason for my recent investigation about how to bake bread. I have to say that, has been easy. I will not say that It has a nightmare because it wasn’t. Easy: flour, water, yeast and some oil. And that’s it. With these ingredients you can make an acceptable bread for your daily sandwich. As I am experimenting, I sprinkled rosemary on the top of the bread. It gave to the bread some smell but it fall quickly. I have to find something to glue it but, for now, until my investigation improves, that will be our bread! And we are soo happy for that!
Obviously, if we use whole wheat flour will be healthier, but for be the first try, I am very satisfied!
It is very important the kneading moment. It is important a good kneading for the leaven time after that. It will gives us a lighter bread and will avoid a dense one.
We use that bread to make sandwiches for breakfast, but we love eat it with some vegan cheese. We went a month ago to Barcelona and, as usual when we go home, we bought a lot of vegan food to bring here. We have always some doubts about to bring ‘fresh’ food, but this time we run the risk: we bought three pieces of the best vegan cheese ever! Those are from a little shop in Barcelona: The living food. The owners are super nice and, although the store is full of vegan food, for me the brightest star is CHEESE. CHEEEESEEEE… They make it themselves and are AMAZING. If you are in Barcelona or you have a travel there or whatever… try it!
Shall we try it? =)
- 500gr flour
- 8gr dry yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 320ml warm water (not hot!)
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, the dry yeast and the pinch of salt until all the ingredients will be integrated.
- Pour in the water and olive oil. Stir everything together with a large wooden spoon.
- When the mixture has mostly stuck together turn the mixture out on to a work surface or bread board.
- Knead it at least 10 minutes!Ganbatte!
- When you have a elastic and soft dough, put into the mixing bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise at least one-two hours or until it has doubled the size.
- Flatten and shape the bread in an oiled baking tin with your hands, making sure you stretch it into the corners.
- Coat with oil and let rise again meanwhile you preheat the oven at 250ºC/480ºF. When the oven has this temperature, bake for 10 minutes. Then turn down to 200ºC/390ºF for another 10 minutes.
- Take out it ofthe tin and let it cool in a rack. (If you let it into the tin, the bottom of the bread will get wet.)
Enjoy it! いただきます！