Here we are!
We are coming today with a super recipe to eat good protein in a diferent way. I love this king of sausages because it reminds me a typical dish in Catalonia (‘butifarra’) and this vegan version is completely nice. You can cook them in a pan, in the oven, even in a barbecue! As a side dish some baked potatoes, or a salad, or some beans… Mmmm…. Suddenly I am very hungry!
It is super easy roll the sausages. Maybe at the beginning can be a little tricky, but you will do it fine, you’ll see! Just be a little patience! Just make sure to press well the tofu and tie strong the knots.
Once boiled, you can keep it in the fridge with the plastic wrap, you can remove it before the final cook. I recommend let it rest around a couple of hours or even more, otherwise can be to much tender in the pan.
With this quantities you can make around 6-8 big sausages. Even more if you want a hot dog size.
Shall we start? =)
- 700 gr firm tofu
- 5 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Dry the tofu and mash it in a large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix it well.
- Let it rest an hour in the fridge.
- After the hour, make the sausages with the plastic wrap and tie it hard.
- In a large pot, boil the sausages 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool. Put inside the fridge until they stay completely cold.
- Now, you can cook the sausages in a pan, fry it or whatever you want!