Croquettes are one of these things in life that can make you really really happy. Situation: you are arriving late at home, down because you had a very bad day at work or whenever. You are arriving with the thought of take a shower and eat whatever, but you open the fridge and you have a lovely and amazing and yummy croquettes waiting for you there… the day is fixed!
It is very easy make and cook croquettes. Today we are showing you a recipe with zucchini and vegan cheese. They are very creamy, a perfect dinner or appetizer.
You can fry the croquette the same day that you had make the dough with at least 2 hours of settle down. It is better if you let it into the fridge all the night, the dough will be more firm. You can freeze them too.
In my family, my grandma is the queen of the croquettes, she has a gift to make this little fritted doughs. I can remember how, on Christmas Eve, my grandfather and my cousins traded with the croquettes under the table. We stole them from the adult’s table, croquettes were the main protagonist of the night! I have very good memories with croquettes in there, there are always laughs, and love… croquettes are necessary in life! xD
As I said, this recipe is very easy. I made some changes but the original recipe is from Begin vegan begun, you can find a lot of easy and good recipes in there too!
Shall we start? I am impatient! =)
ZUCCHINI AND CHEESE CROQUETTES
- 150gr zucchini
- 100gr vegan shredded cheese
- 150gr flour
- 600ml unsweetened almond milk
- garlic powder
- bread crumbs
- Dice the zucchini into very small cubes or (if you prefer) you can use the mincer.
- Let’s cook zucchini in a pan until soft.
- Add the flour bit by bit.
- Add the almond milk bit by bit too, mixing very well with the flour to avoid lumps. If there are lumps, don’t worry, use a hand blender until get a dough.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper as you like.
- WE HAVE THE DOUGH! Woohooo! Let it cool and, once warm, you can put it into the fridge at least 2 or 3 hours. I recommend let it all the night.
- Now, we are just to make the croquettes. Make the shape that you prefer, a ball or the classical one, and roll it through a mixture of breadcrumbs, garlic powder and parsley. If you want extra crispy croquette, you can do it twice. Just moisten the dough with some almond milk and coat i with the breadcrumbs again.
- Fry them in very hot oil until brown on all sides.
- Once fried, put them on an absorbent paper to remove all the oil possible.