Hello, my dear chefs!
Today we are coming with a very tasty recipe! This is very easy to cook and we love eat it with some salad or rice. It is a very healthy recipe, just tofu, onion and some spices, the perfect protein lunch with a good portion of vegetables.
This recipe will remind you the taste of chorizo. In Spain is a very typical element of the Spanish gastronomy. There are a lot of vegan options there to avoid the classical one and with no pain to anyone. This version of tofu will give us this spicy and smoky flavor so characteristic of chorizo.
This tofu is perfect to make a sandwich too, just buy a good bread and put the tofu inside of it! In my opinion, you don’t need to add anything, only the tofu is tasty enough to enjoy the sandwich.
Instead of cut the tofu, this time we will do it with our fingers. That will make the diference in this dish.
The original recipe is from Mute Food , another referent for me in this magic and vegan cooking world that I am discovering every day. It is a pleasure follow people like him, it is too easy cook recipes like that! In his recipe, he toast more the tofu. That step gives it a stronger flavor, absolutely delicious.
Shall we start? =)
- 1 Onion
- 400 gr firm tofu
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp smoked paprika spicy
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- a pinch of salt
- olive oil
- Wrap the tofu with paper towels and place another plate or something a little heavy on top. Be careful to no break the tofu! Drain the water out of tofu for 15 minutes.
- Chunk it with your fingers and put it into a bowl.
- Add the flour and mix it carefully until the tofu be coated.
- Cut into wide strips the onion and chopped the garlic clove.
- In a pan, put some olive oil and cook the tofu on high heat until the flour have a golden colour.
- Add the onion, the garlic and a pinch of salt and cook on medium heat until the onion will be almost transparent.
- Add all the spices and mix it well.
- Add the soy sauce and the white wine and reduce.
And that’s it! Serve with a salad or the side dish that you prefer!